Skip to main content

A Day Shopping at MyTown Shopping Center

I was planning to go to Boat Noodles (because I miss their Thai tea) having a lunch there but it seems today is public holiday and it was crowded. I was too hungry and do not wish to wait so I looked around for search any food which I want to eat. There is so much restaurant but mostly filled with crowded people...and they're kinda pricey too (to what I want to eat). So instead of getting a full meal, I planned to eat different of snacks there. The first stop was D' Laksa

The first time I saw this shop was located at Aeon Taman Maluri. I was doubtful about this shop. Like nah~ It just normal curry fishball. So I wouldn't even think to try it. Because recently I watched a Hong Kong Drama, “老表,毕业啦” and there is a character name 菜心which always promote his curry fishball and it gets to my head and brings about the feels of wanted to eat. Thus, I walked to this shop and give it a chance.

So, I ordered a bowl of Laksa Fishball which cost RM 4.00. By the time I went to the counter for pay the food, all I can smell the laksa. It was so pungent. I quickly take my piping hot Laksa Fishball to my sit and dig in (it was late and I was very hungry). Of course, before I dig in, I have to let my camera eat first.


A bowl of this consist of 5 fishballs. It looks normal but the taste is not.

For me, the fish balls are just normal fish balls, but the sauce or it soup has a strong flavor of it. However, it kinda salty for the fish ball. I can taste that their soup is actually used a good amount of ingredients. Each of the laksa soup can fish out some boneless Margaret shredded fish. However, this at least tastes much richer than the other's I had tasted before. After finished the fishballs, I kinda wish I could 'dapao' (take away) the rest of the soup to my home and cook some noodles and dump it into the soup. I bet it tastes really good. 😋😋

For me, Laksa Fishball is kinda special since I never see any of this from the outside, except the curry. The curry fishball is pretty all the same taste tho. Since the fishballs taste really good, I think I'll have to try the Asam Laksa for my next visit.  

Overall: 8.5/10
Spiciness: 1/10
Repurchase: Yes, but the first consideration for my next visit would be the noodles (Asam Laksa).

All right the next stop was Street Churros 

After a savory dish, of course, the next dish would want to eat some sweet. I made one before but because I never know how a churro would taste like to I think this also a good chance for me to have really taste test here. 


Somehow I ordered Cinnamon Churro plus a chocolate dip but she gave me Chocolate Churro (I think she confuses with the previous customer and dunks my churro to the chocolate powder instead of cinnamon powder) I'm okay with it since it tastes good. 


Anyway, this kind of fried dessert always tastes great. This particular dessert I mean churro is really good. Crunchy outside and chewy inside. Now I know how a churro tastes like. Maybe I can mimic it (if I am good with it). The dipping sauce, I wouldn't talk much. Hello~ chocolate always the best with anything (maybe... not anything). 

Taste: 9.5/10 (because it is not cinnamon)
Repurchase: Maybe not since it cost me RM 7.80 for both churro(RM5.90) and chocolate(Rm1.90). Or maybe I can order churro with ice-cream tho. The price is about RM8.

After eating, as a normal person, i definitely would buy a drink for myself since eating all these makes me thirsty. And... there is no picture of it as it just a normal Tealive milk tea will pearl. Then doing some window shopping, I went to the Lavender to buy some cakes.

Honey Egg Roll Slice
RM3.80
Have a strong honey taste and the cake is so fluffy.
Taste: 6/10
Repurchase: Maybe not (The cake is too fluffy and soft. I prefer a denser and moist cake) 

After that, planning to go to IKEA to see what could I eat but since every place in IKEA is too crowd so I went back to MyTown then to the basement floor and order a set of subway (by the way it was black pepper mayo chicken) take to home as for my dinner. AND~ that the end of my shopping and eating experience.  

Comments