Skip to main content

McDonald's Thai Fish Burger

Alright, my first food taste test post in this blog is here. I'll try my best to give it a review.
I've waited for so long for the new product coming out. The previous 'Korean beef burger' I didn't try because of beef. For some reason, I can't eat beef, so I have to skip it. A fews day back, I saw a video ad about McDonald's new product, I told myself I definitely gonna give this a try.


And here it is! A set of Thai Fish Burger and an add-on Salted Caramel Ice-Cream. Total cost me for Rm 19.95. At first, I didn't give much expectation to it. What I think the burger may just a 'meh' but I still want to give it a try. Since I always feel that those foods are tasted as I expected. I don't know about you, but sometimes I can imagine how the food would taste like by the appearance or smell. So, most of the people recommended me to eat this and ask me how's the food. For me, I can't tell. Bcoz it just as what it is. Not something that would give me a wow factor.


Okay, I maybe drag too much. But my point here is this burger here, do give me a wow factor. Maybe I did not eat green curry before and do not give much high expectation about it, however, an unexpected thing happened. I like this! The green curry mayo has a strong lemongrass flavor and it goes so well with the crispy fish fillet and the mixed vegetable (onion, cabbage, and carrot).



I've been surprised by the bun tho.  (I did not look up the subscription on the McDonald homepage) It mixes with chili flakes so it makes the burger to have a sense of spiciness. For those Who can't eat spicy food, this may a little spicy for you. As for me, the spiciness is just ngam ngam (just the right).
[I don't know if you can see the chili flakes there, it's hard to see, tho. Sorry about it.] 



There is one thing I get disappointed. And that is the crisp cut fries. It is very crispy, but maybe it serves me cold and not what I expected like french fries, crispy outside, soft inside. So, does not very like about it.  Maybe I get the wrong idea in the first place. So it doesn't appeal me too much. But overall still good tho. Just like chips. 


The salted caramel ice-cream I wouldn't describe much. It just caramel sauce with vanilla ice cream. Nothing particular about it. However, this doesn't mean it taste bad. It tastes great and not that kind of too sweet. You know what best about it? Dip you crispy chips in it. It tastes good. Maybe some of you would be said 'yuck' but for me, I am the person who will Dip my fries into the ice-cream. It tastes so good! You should try. At least once.

Overall: 8/10
Spiciness: 5/10
Repurchase: Yes, but only the burger and salted caramel ice-cream. 

P.S: It would be good if they have salted caramel ice-cream cone. That would be dope!

Comments