Skip to main content

Texas Chicken




Another day another fast food as my brunch. Just so you know, I got another fast food not long ago. Well, this week is pretty heavy for me. I think I'll have to exercise for the next day. For not knowing what I should at lunchtime, and I am so bored with the food which I usually eat. So, I looked up Google and search any fast food around my area. 
No more McDonald's, no more KFC. As a result, Texas Chicken is the only option I have in my area. Looking at their website, the only thing that would get me interested was Jalapeno Bombers. Looks yummy right?

Of course, besides that, I need to have their chicken. Why not? Isn't the restaurant call Texas Chicken? Alright, this set of meal total cost me Rm20.35. I changed their mash potato to fries and an add-on Chocolate Shortcake and Jalapeno Bombers.


First of all, I was surprised by the chicken. It is so tender and juicy. Every bite of it, you won't feel that the fried chicken is dry or something. It is so moist and hot as they served. If you want me to compare with KFC, the tenderness, and juiciness Texas win. However, in terms of spice and taste, I would prefer KFC, tho. In my opinion, KFC's chicken is much more pungent. By the way, I order original chicken.
[Sorry for the photograph, is kinda... you know, not look so good. Anyway I still want to show you how juicy the chicken is.]


Next up, 'the fries'. The one I've been searching for. My kind of fries is here, in Texas Chicken. The crispy outside and soft inside. Compare to MCD, Texas is kinda thicker and tastes a lot better than MCD. It also tastes good when it cold. Unlike, MCD, is kinda soggy when it becomes cold. For me, I would prefer Texas. 


It's time for the main here, the Jalapeno Bombers. The main reason going to Texas Chicken. In my opinion, it tastes good. Kinda spicy and cheesy. I think it is cheddar cheese (i think) wrapping small pieces of Jalapeno and the outside coated with breadcrumbs. Not a wow for me but definitely tastes good.


Alright, the final dish that must come with dessert, 'Chocolate Shortcake'. I must say, this is sooo GOOD! Crumbly and buttery Honey-butter Biscuit as the base, topping with vanilla ice-cream and chocolate sauce. I gotta say, this is a brilliant idea. I love this so much. It tastes so good until I wanted to order another cup (but I didn't due to too full). 


What's more, dip your fries into the vanilla ice-cream! Wait! don't "Ew, yuck!" Try first. If you still don't like it, then you can say it. This is what I like, The sweet and savory combination that you can't resist. 

Final opinion
Chicken: Depends.
Jalapeno Bombers: 3/10 spiciness. May or may not repurchase. I alone myself no. If with friends, yes. A set of chicken and add-on this. Just too much.
Fries: Definitely yes. 
Chocolate Shortcake: Yes? Maybe no?. Because I wish to try the strawberry shortcake.

Comments