Skip to main content

Homemade mini Chocolate ganache tart


For the past few weeks, I had bought a kilo of chocolate and a liter of whipping cream to make a birthday cake for my brother's friend. After a few days, he tells me that the cake is canceled. I was like ... Huh, bought with such amount of ingredient and they end up in my fridge. Don't even know how to use such amount of chocolate, so I looked for some recipe. As the end result, I come up with this mini chocolate ganache tart. 



This is actually quite simple. The crust is made from https://www.tastemade.com/videos/Confectioners-Cream-and-Strawberry-tartlets   (I replace 30g of flour to cocoa powder) 

As for the filling, using the double-boiler method to melt 300g chopped semi-sweet / dark chocolate, 150ml whipping cream & 50g butter. Let it cool down to room temperature then pour into the tart crust.

The top, I sprinkle some chopped toasted almond. It just optional. You can put anything you like. The more important here is that what you wish it to taste like. ☻

Store it in an air-tight container and put into the fridge to set. (this is how I do, but I think you can just put it at room temperature. The reason for me to put into the fridge is to firm up the ganache so that it has the fudgy taste and it takes faster to do it in the fridge.) 

The crust was much more like cookie base and I quite like the fudgy chocolate filling matching with the crunchy and crumbly cookie. But I was kinda a little disappointed since I can't taste the chocolates (you know 'chocolaty') but instead of sweet. Maybe the quality I bought was a cheap chocolate. But if you find a good quality of chocolate I bet this would taste better. Well, a second try for this recipe in future that is decided then. 

Comments