Skip to main content

Cheras Flat Woo Pin Fish Head Noodles 蕉賴四樓湖濱魚頭米


My all-time favorite Fish Head Noodle has finally come to a chance to go there by myself...and don't forget my mom too. This fish head noodle stall has open since I was a kid (i think). Until now, I have never gone there before and it is actually quite near from my house. The only chance to eat this is when my uncle goes there to dine in and call me if I want it. There was a time, I really wish to eat this and hope that my uncle could call me and ask me but not in recent anymore. Well, never know that I could just walk there and order one for myself. 

It was under a weird circumstance that I and my mom were heading to Aeon to buy some grocery. The bus was passed by the stall, then my mom sudden talks to me. She said: we should go eat the fish head noodle first then only head to Aeon. Since we missed the station and we just suggest eat it on the next day. And here we go. We had our lunch with a bowl of Fish Head Noodle.

Just one thing to tell you though, the price has increased to RM11 per bowl (small bowl). Which is quite expensive but worth. The taste is still the usual, very tasty, milky and a dense flavor of the fish head soup. Of course, if you don't like the milky taste I think you can ask for not putting evaporated creamer in the soup. 

My mom and I ordered one with fried fish and another with non-fried fish. Each bowl is the same price. Then, a man holds a large pan that filled with many small plates of chili sauce and limau (lime) for us to choose and take. Then, he took back the large pan with him and serve other customers.

And now the fish head noodle is served in front of us. I was excited and try a first sip of the soup. And I was “Ah...the old flavor." The little sourness from tomatoes, the fragrance of fried shallots, the milky taste of evaporated creamer as well as the saltiness from the pickle... vegetable? (not sure what is in English. In Chinese called 咸菜) are the main ingredients that make this bowl of fish soup so much depth. I even almost finish the soup. To tell you the truth, I don't really like the fish though. Too much bone! Every bite of the fish must slowly chew and find if there is left some bone in it then only can swallow. This is quite annoying, you know? Next time, I think I will choose the Fish Paste Noodle (鱼滑米粉) instead.

If only there is another chance though. 

Now to think of it, I should get more active. I'm kinda been lazy around like no motivation at all. Hmm... should i have a run tomorrow morning?


Location: No.4E Pangsapuri Sri Pulau Pinang, Jln Ikan Emas, Cheras, 56100 Kuala Lumpur.
Open at: 7:30 am - 3.00 pm.
Closed  Every Thursday.

Comments