Skip to main content

Nissin UFO Flaming Hot Seafood Fried Ramen

Yesterday, went to shopping and find a rack of instant cup noodles ongoing promotion.

At first, 'Oh, instant noodles from Japan is having promotion today. Why not buy it to have a taste?' They sell for 2 flavors, one is spicy mayo (from previous experience, I don't really like the yakisoba with mayo. I just think it has a weird flavor.) So, without a second thought (or maybe I have since for me the price is kinda pricey for an instant food) I choose the Flaming Hot Seafood flavor. 



The next day, my first meal was this. I just can't wait any longer as I am so eager to give it a taste. From my memory, anything stated with spicy (except the Korean instant noodles) isn't that spicy. Okay, is time to cook this Babae. Turn the cup noodle to back and look for instruction. Follow the exact instruction so to have an accurate taste to this noodle. I was a little shocked, you know from the start I thought this made from Japan. But it isn't. Well anyway, it still didn't stop me to try this. I know there are some instant noodles from Indonesia is great and tasty.

When comes to instant noodle, my cooking method is quite different from other people. You know, eating instant noodle is unhealthy but you are so wanted to eat it. In my way, I always prepare a  pot of boiling water to cook the noodle. Then pour out the water and set the noodle aside. After that, prepare another pot of water, put a lot of vegetables (I mean A LOT, really) and let it cook. Then only I put the seasoning. The last thing pour the soup over the noodle.  This is the kind of  'healthy' eating instant noodle. However, it always tends to ruin the real taste of instant noodle itself. Even so, there is always a time for unhealthy. Which is when the time I did not have taste it before.

Alright, back to the topic. 
(Well... oh hey, it's instruction with bigger words!)

Inside looks like this, an instant ramen, little pieces of dehydrated green onion and dehydrated crab stick. Then, it comes with 3 sachets which are seasoning powder, hot oil, and kriuk (not sure what it is but it is from Indonesia, I guess kriuk means fried onion?) 


By the way, once you remove the black cover, this is what they called Turbo Drain System. Is there a difference from the Yakisoba version? (I meant the old version/ previous/ other products?) I don't know, maybe they just provide a bigger hole to drain the water? I guess?


After 4 minutes soaking in boiling water (ramen) and mixing all the seasoning, this is what it's true self. From my phone, it didn't show much the color, because of the hot oil chili, it does have a brown red color. When, opening the seasoning, the smell quite familiar. My guessing is Mi Sedap. Then, I take a bite. Surprisingly, it doesn't taste like it but has a hint taste of seafood. Maybe it is from the crab stick. When you try digging further the spiciness and hot started to come out. And yet the spicy is somewhere I still can accept. Compare to Korean spicy noodles, this is a lot weaker. 


In somewhere middle, I have eaten something chewy. I try to look what is it but except cabbage (i think) and I found a piece of something I don't know. I taste it and it is. The chewy come from this. Not sure what it is, but I'm guessing sotong (dehydrated squid). It tastes so much alike tho.  

As an overall, this tastes good, although I only able to taste the hot oil fragrance and a hint of seafood flavor. It does make me a little disappointed with at I see from Youtuber food taste test, normally the Nissin cup noodles tend to have more 'ingredients' (i just don't know what the English word is. In Japanese is called 具材.) Well, different products it is. Now think about it, it just same with the UFO Yakisoba. Maybe the cup noodles version tend to have more ingredients?  

Overall taste: 8/10
Spiciness: 4/10
Repurchase: I guess I will?



Comments