Skip to main content

KFC - Golden Egg Crunch


In early, I heard that in Singapore they have sold the Salted Egg Chips and it was hit. I am interested and want to try it so badly. But it was too hit tha make it harder to buy in M'sia. In case you don't know what is the salted egg looks like or don't know what it is, here I show you

It could be in duck egg or chicken egg that soaked in the salty liquid. As a Chinese, there are several salted egg dish out there and it always a good combination with fried food. My favorite dish crispy salted egg yolk pumpkin. Or just boil the egg and eat it with plain no flavor porridge. Always taste good tho.And this is why when i saw the post/advertisement on the Fb, i am so eager to try it out.
Photo credits to Helen's Recipes (Vietnamese Food) from Youtube


As you can see here, i originally just want to order the 2 pc set of golden egg crunch and a salted caramel vanilla pudding but hey, i found that they are selling some fried stick and it is so expensive. I'm kinda curious how it tastes like and so i buy it.



Just as advertised the chicken has fully coated with salted egg powdered and curry leaves which it makes the chicken has much more pungent. All i'm gonna say, this is freaking delicious. So much flavor of the salted egg and a tiny little spicy in it. Besides, when you go into the restaurant, you already can smell the salted egg. It was out of my expectation. I remember from the past when i bought the 'Korean spicy chicken'? I guess, the sauce was only a part of the chicken and not fully coated. Of course, the 'Korean' taste becomes a little which is quite disappointed. One more thing to mention, just don't be like me to choose the breast / meaty part. As you have eaten the skin/crunchy bits, there isn't much the salted egg flavor there. In the end, it left with only plain old chicken. 

Now, I felt satisfied with the salted egg chicken set, besides the pudding. 

First of all, the vanilla pudding itself doesn't favor me much since i taste last week. It just my guess, the pudding is not smooth and subtle but rather taste grainy (it was like made from agar-agar but didn't sift of the unmelted one) and a little watery. The vanilla pudding isn't that worst actually, it just my personally didn't like the artificial vanilla flavor(just my guess). Since the last time the branch that i was visiting was out of salted caramel, so this time I make sure I'll order it. To tell you the truth, i was kinda excited for the caramel part. I bet it can balance or covered the artificial vanilla (my guess). But guess what, it tastes burn! The caramel sauce is thick and it looks good to me but when i take a bite, suddenly the burn taste just explode it out. Maybe it is the staff problem mess it up otherwise, this can be a good dessert of a fried chicken meal. I tried to finish it since i have paid for it but no, 3 bites max and i gave up. The taste of burn is just too strong. I guess the staff got it burn at the bottom and didn't even tried to prepare another or change pot and so they let the caramel sit in the smoky burn pot and thus, it submerges into the caramel. 

And here to most part of not worth food -- Golden Cheezy Sticks


It is a no worth to purchase but it doesn't mean it tastes bad. For me, it tastes pretty good. It kinda like the vegan samosa that my mom's friend made which the fillings consist of carrot, mayonnaise, and other vege. Same goes for this stick, they taste kinda same (the filling). But when i looks up from the website, it says cheezy, that's one thing and the second thing is shrimp and mushroom. I was surprised by that information. First of all, they taste creamy but where is the shrimp? Mushroom, I'd get it since they have tiny black bits in it. That orangy looking was the shrimp? To be honest, i can't taste it. Can't even feel the shrimp when chewing it. If you not telling me, i don't even know this contains shrimps. All i can taste was mushy little things and the white sauce thingy taste like mayo instead of cheese (maybe different kind of cheese, i don't know). Take aside of this contain shrimp or no shrimp in it, they still taste good tho. Well, in my perspective, not worth for RM10.90 for only 3 sticks.  

Overall:
Salted Egg Chicken: 10/10
Salted Caramel Vanilla Pudding: May give it one more chance in different branch
Cheezy Golden Sticks: No, too expensive. As for taste 8.5/10
                                 

Comments