Skip to main content

Eating Lunch at Burger King

After felt boring with McD and KFC I am looking for other fast food restaurants. Although there were tons of fast food restaurant across KL, I'm just lazy. People who know me, i hate driving a car and using public transportation is just annoying sometimes. You know, the hot weather, and waiting time. Besides McD and KFC, the other fast food i wish to eat is the Hershey pie from Burger King. There is a day, i coincidently saw a newly open Burger King at my housing area. I was so happy about it. I am full of expectation wanting to eat a burger and the Hershey Pie there. 

And finally, at my lovely weekend, i went there and....there is no Hershey pie. Sad. Well, since i got there, there is no way back and I'm hungry. i ordered the nacho cheese fish burger set, change my coke to float and a taro pie.



I usually don't really like the fish burger, especially those with tartar sauce. Don't ask me why i just don't like it. Well, since i always seek for a new item to satisfy my taste bud, so i tell myself lets order something i usually don't eat. The fish burger is okay, but i get paranoid from the last vegan burger from McD, so when i bite into this, i feel mushy and a hint of curry powder. Luckily the nacho cheese is able to cover the taste. And also, why don't they give more or at least one more piece of lettuce. After the first bite, no more lettuce left in my burger or just a tiny piece. Can you be more generous about the vege?




I'm gonna say, fries with coke float is the best combination than the ketchup. 





As for the dessert, I just want to make a comparison with McD, so i ordered to try. It was pretty different. Let's talk about the pie. The pie is more doughy and less flaky than the McD. As the filling, the taro is mushier and no chunks in it. I can taste the taro filling is more natural. Like the real taro mashing up and less unnatural flavor. It is more like taro paste as an overall. The other hand, Mcd is much more like using less real taro and the filling tends to more gooey like using cornstarch to thicken up. Even so, the McD taro pie still good though. However, compare to this, I like the Burger King's more. The pie feels less oily than the McD and the filling is not that gooey taste. As for the bad side, i wish they could add some chunks in it.

Overall:
Nacho cheese fish burger: 5/10
Coke float with fries: 10/10
Taro pie: 8.5/10



Comments