Skip to main content

Trying to make Melon Pan

I have somewhere my heart want to make Melon Pan for so long. I just don't know why until now i haven't try to make it. Like there is a ton of recipe out there i can try.  Maybe because making a bread is time taking and difficult than i thought. For some reasons, my bread always turns out hard /chewy the next day. Freshly baked from the oven is soft and nice to eat, but never good the next day. Huh, making bread is hard, you know. 

I challenge myself again, looking up some recipe and finally decide to make melon pan/ melon bread. The exterior of the bun resembles the melon pattern i guess. But, the actual bun does not contain melon fruit at all. It just a sweet bun with a sweet cookie like dough on top. 

The recipe i make is from JUSTONECOOKBOOK https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFUWTH-CXk8  I followed the exact steps and it turns out to this.




The taste is good, sweet soft and has a crunch from the cookie dough on top of the bun after taken out from the oven. Even if i putting into a fridge (making too much and save some in the fridge.) The buns still taste delicious. Except, the bun starts to dry out. 

I wouldn't say this is a fail yet it is more successful than i thought to be like one of those from my past experience. The one thing i wish to improve is that the cookie dough is a little too pale.  Maybe i should bake the top for a little longer in order to make a more brownish color and building up more flavor on it. 

The overall i am satisfied with the recipe. The recipe can make 10 of the Melon Pan and the size is kinda big. I have to store in an airtight container in order to consume the next day and the following day. It pretty much can fill up a couple days as breakfast (not many people in my house)tho. Save some breakfast money!

If you have time, try to make one. 

Comments