Skip to main content

Crinkle Top Fudge Brownie / Chocolate Brownies Kedut

It's been a while to make a such fudgy, chocolatey cake. Sometimes, Tasty video pops out their brownie video on Youtube out of nowhere.  Then, I tried to follow the recipe 'by half' (since the portion is quite too much for me) and... it was a fail. Maybe I should follow the exact recipe huh. I tried a few recipes before, all of them failed. They turn out cake like and not even a fudge or crack brownie. 

As I keep on trying on modifying the recipe. And today, I can say I succeed? I guess? 
There is crack, very fudgy but still a bit cake like. But overall I am satisfied. 



Ingredients:


185g dark chocolate compound
100g salted butter
120g brown sugar
30g castor sugar
2 eggs
80g all-purpose flour
25g cocoa powder
1tsp coffee powder + 1tsp hot water (optional)

Steps:


1. Preheat oven to 180 °C. 
2. Use double boiler method to melt the dark chocolate compound + butter. Set aside.


3.Mixe both sugar together.


4. Mixe in the egg 1 by 1, then add the coffee and mix until all incorporated. 


5. Once the melted chocolate is slightly cool, add it to the egg mixture and mix well.


6. Sfit in the flour+cocoa powder and fold it until no flour can be seen.


7. Pour the mixture to the baking pan (with parchment paper on it).
8. Bake for 40min. 
9. Once done baking, let it cool in the pan for 15min, then take out and let it cool completely before serving. (better wait for 2 hours to set before cutting, if you like a hot/warm brownie, just go for it)





The baking pan I used was 18 x 18 cm square pan, so the brownie is kinda tall. But, it is fudgy with a little chewy on it. If you like more chewy version maybe choose a slightly bigger baking pan. The thinner the cake, the more chewy it takes ( that's what I think, not sure it is true or not). I like a chewy brownie but all I have is this baking pan. I guess i have to either cut down the ingredients or just change a bigger baking pan huh. 


Comments