Skip to main content

Frying Pan Cake Log [Cooking Alone]

Is CHRISTMAS TIME!!! Although I'm celebrating with myself. Maybe not 'celebrating', it just me who has a sweet tooth and eager to crave some dessert. And, I am lazy to bake a cake as it just me who eat it and using a big oven for just a small cake. Waste electricity. Therefore, I came out this idea which, not using the oven but frying pan to do so. You know, like a fluffy pancake.


I am sure somewhere out there, there is someone already know how to make a cake out of a frying pan. I could use their references. Nonetheless, let's start making this. 


Ingredients:

1 egg yolk
1tsp vegetable oil
1tbsp milk
3tbsp low flour
1/2tsp matcha powder
1 egg white
3tbsp granulated sugar

Steps:


1. Prepare aluminum foil and parchment paper on the frying pan. (Avoid sticking) *Not sure the aluminum is necessary but... I don't know, experiment right?? Hee... 


 2. Mix the oil to the yolk, then the milk.


3. Sift in the flour + matcha powder, then mix until all incorporated.

4. Gradually add the sugar into egg white and beat it until stiff peak.  

5. Take 1/3 portion of the egg white to the yolk batter and gently fold until all combined. Then, pour the batter back to the white. 


6. Gently fold until no white can be seen. (Don't over fold)

7.  Pour the batter to the frying pan and scrape to an even rectangular shape.



8. Cover the lid and cook in the lowest heat as possible for 8min. Then flip it over and cook another 2-3min.


9. Once done cooking, let it cool. Cut the sides to form a rectangular shape.


10. Put on whatever you want. For me, I have leftover 'fail' white chocolate ganache which I was planned to make cookies sandwich.



12. Spread the filling evenly, then roll it up. Last, wrap the cake roll with plastic wrap and put in the fridge to set. (if you are using jam, you can directly cut it and eat)
* As you can see, the cake is quite burned, since my stove can't set to the lowest as I want it to. But different people have a different stove. The time above is just for reference. 
* Choose the ugliest side and cover with filling. Then is DONE!


Sprinkle some powdered sugar and.... there you go. Green, Matcha Cake log is done. Since I'm alone and restricting some calories consume, thus, nothing fancy about here.



Hold On A Sec!!! ...  I know I know. There is so much effort for just a tiny, one size serving dessert. Not worth! Well,  you see, i'm staying in a place where buying a cake/ dessert is so much more effort and time taking than making one myself. Thus, i'm coming out this idea and to deal with my sweet tooth. If you're like me maybe this can be your reference. Besides, I am planning to make a "Cooking Alone" series, so this was the 1st 'one person serving recipe'. In the future, I might do some more of it. So stay tuned!


Comments