Skip to main content

Korean Corn Dog [Cooking Alone]

Hu... finally get some time to upload this post. I had cooked myself a Korean Corn dog last Sunday and didn't have the time to post it out. And here it is the 2nd post of  'Cooking Alone' series.

I've been seeing a lot of Japanese variety recently, one or two of them have been introduced the Korean Corn Dog was a trend to them right now. Also, you can see them appear on the Instagram or Youtube mukbang video. I have tried to make myself one, and it is good. Last time, I use uncooked fried potato as my corn dog coating but it is out of stock in my fridge. So instead, I use bread crumbs.


Ingredients:
50g bread flour
13g glutinous rice flour
1/2tsp sugar
a pinch of salt
1/4tsp yeast
1/2tsp vegetable oil
45ml water 
hot dog
cheese
bread crumbs

Steps:

1. Mix all the ingredient together and use a spatula to stir and knead to form a dough like for 5min.
2. Cover with cling wrap and leave it to room temperature for 30min.
3. Boil the sausage for about 1 min. (For me put sausage in a bowl, pour boiling water, cover it for 1min. or microwave it. Just to ensure it is partially cooked.)


4. Sprinkle some bread flour onto your work counter(prevent sticky), roll out the dough or just press and push to a long oval shape.
5. Stuff your ingredients(cheese, sausage) in it and seal it up. 
6. Lightly brush some water to the surface of the dough, and cover it with bread crumbs.


7.  Fry it until golden brown and serve.


There you go, 1 person serving Korean Corn dog. I would like to dip it with mustard sauce but I don't have. Instead, a prepackaging cheese does the right job too. By adding glutinous rice flour which makes the dough to have some chewiness (mochi mochi, what the Japanese said.) For me, if you opt out the hot dog, plainly cheese, it still tastes good, especially mozzarella cheese and not mine (processing cheese). By the way, you definitely have to try the fried potato version! It tastes amazingly delicious!

All right I hope you like it and I see you in the next post. Bye~ 




Comments