Skip to main content

One Pan Tomato Sauce Pasta [Cooking Alone]

Hey everyone, another cooking alone time. I saw those one-pot spaghetti videos a few weeks ago and it quite simple to prepare with. In the weekend, I don't know what to eat and so lazy to go out, so I ah.. borrow the method and make my own lunch with just a single pan. My version is kinda bold taste since I make it as simple as I can so if you are a lazy person just like me or you have only a few ingredients I guess you can try it out? 



Recipe:
1person recipe
  • 3-4 mini hot dog/ sausage (or switch to ground chicken)
  • 1 ripe chop tomato
  • a handful of frozen mixed vegetable (defrost)
  • 1/3 chop onion 
  • 2 cloves of garlic minced
  • a handful of chop Pleurotus Eryngii (a kind of mushroom)
  • 1 person serve spaghetti
  • 3tbsp tomato puree
  • salt and pepper
  • 1 1/2 cup water



1. Cook the sausage in a pan and put aside.


2. Saute the onion until soft, then add in garlic and Pleurotus eryngii.


3. Add the tomato and vegetable and cook it for a minute.


4. Then add in the rest ingredients in the pan as well as water, and seasoning. Cover the lid and wait until the spaghetti cook and sauce become thickening. Make sure to check if it needs to add a little more water. Look at your spaghetti package to see how much time does it take to cook. For example, mine takes 12 minutes to cook, so at about 9-10mins or even earlier I went to check the water consistent. I like my sauce to thicken a bit so I crank up my heat and let the water evaporate. If you are a saucy person just stop the heat whatever the consistency you want. You always can add a little more seasoning at the end of cooking to up your taste.

5. Put the cooked sausage, sprinkle some grated parmesan on top of the pasta and serve.

The ingredients I put it here can change to whatever you like. If you don't have tomato puree, just change to tomato sauce. If you have herbs or spices you can add it in to make it more flavorful. Not a meat person, just plain mixed vegetable. A meat person adds in any ground meat and makes a tomato meat sauce. As easy as that. 



This method is really simple and what most important, it suits a lazy people like me. No additional dishwashing and quick to prepare. 

Comments