Skip to main content

Lunchbox Cake (No Egg Microwave Chocolate Cake- Halloween Edition)

Ever see a lunchbox cake anywhere on IG, FB, or Youtube? I bet you do. It is small, pretty, and has a simple pipping design. It's been triggering me a while. Most of the recipes using sponge cake as a base. As the laziest person I am, I'm thinking about using microwave cake. Simple, easy, and the fastest way to get a cake. Normally it will be a 4-inches cake, but in my house, I try my best to find the smallest microwavable container I can. There isn't much that I can share in this 'Lunchbox Cake' Just my No Egg Microwave Chocolate Cake recipe and some leftover cream and chocolate ganache that I experiment in another dessert (which will update in the future once I have my free time).

Just in case for reference, I share the 'Not' exact amount of ingredients and steps to this lunchbox cake.

Ingredients:
100ml whipping cream
60g cream cheese
2tbsp condensed milk
1/4tsp vanilla essence
1-2tbsp cocoa powder
1tsp coffee liquid
50g(+-) chocolate ganache
sugar syrup (20g sugar + 40ml water)

Steps:
  1. Trim the side of chocolate cake (if you want, but i don't), then cut the cake into half. Set aside.
  2. Cream the cream cheese, scoop about 2tbsp into another bowl, set aside.
  3. Whipped the cream along with condensed milk + vanilla essence until 60% done. 
  4. Scoop about 5tbsp of cream to the 2tbsp whipped cream cheese. Mix together, scoop into a piping bag, and set in the fridge.
  5. Then, take a few tablespoons from leftover cream to cream cheese to loosen it up. After that, pour back into cream +  cocoa powder and to the cream and mix until 80% done (just until the consistency able to spread to the cake.). Set aside.
  6. Brush the sugar syrup all over the cake to keep the cake moist. 
  7. Then, spread the ganache to the cake as filling.
  8. Then crumb coat the cake with the chocolate cream. Put into the freezer for 10mins. Then, take out and spread another layer of cream. Freeze for 10min again to let it firm a bit.
  9. Take out both the cake and the white cream. Decorate any design you want. Put in the fridge(not freezer) for at least 2 hours or so for the cream to firm up.
As you can see in the pictures, there is a little curdle in the cream. That is because I forgot to scoop the cream into the cream cheese to loosen it up. I just dump the cream cheese into whipped whipping cream. So it doesn't mix well. And be sure the temperature is cold enough. It is quite hot in my house so the cream melts fast. Despite the look, the cake is still delicious with the moist and rich flavor of chocolate cake. 

Since I don't celebrate my birthday anymore, it may be an easy way to make my own and the only portion of cake that I can eat myself.


Comments